If you’re in between jobs or just want a part-time, then learn how to make money with your photos. It’s a lucrative job that you can do part time or full time. Stock photos are pictures of ordinary or extraordinary items, situations, and even people. There is always a market for photographs.
Why People Buy Stock Photos
These are the top niches for stock photos.
- Advertisement campaign – Companies are always looking for photos for their ad campaigns. Sometimes they will do a search for stock images before deciding on hiring models and other personalities for their marketing.
- Websites – Creating websites take a lot of work. Visuals are very important which is why digital photos are needed.
- Products – Products, be it in the real world and online will require a good photograph in order for it to sell.
- Book covers – Publishers also look for pictures to grace books. New and old publications are regularly being turned into eBooks and stock images make good book covers.
- Events – Some events need a type of image to give people an idea of what’s to happen. A rave, for example, would need images of people dancing.
There are many more niches that require photos. You can easily search for a market online.
What you Need to Start Selling Photos Online
Learning how to sell photos online starts with the tools of the trade.
- Cameras – You can now use devices as small as a smartphone to DSLRs. Whatever set up you use your photos will still be of value.
- Software – Image editing software is freely available online. You can have apps that can retouch images to commercial and free photo editing software for laptops and computers.
- Other hardware – In order to use image editing software, you would need a good computer or laptop for editing and external hard disks to store images.
The important thing you have to remember is to keep on taking pictures. With cloud storage, external hard drives and other storage mediums making it possible to keep on shooting pictures as long as you have space.
Selling Images Online
There are lots of places to sell stock photos online. These are the many ways to sell these images online.
Creating your own website – Ideally the best place. Owning your website gives you a lot of control. Since you own the website, you also get almost 100% of your earnings. There are several other drawbacks too. You need to protect your images with watermarks and you will have to deal with creating a website from scratch. There’s also the chance of thieves using your pictures without paying.
Stock Photo Sites – Websites such as Shutterstock and Adobe stock are good places to sell your images. You get copyright protections from large companies to protect your photos.
- Shutter stock
- Adobe Stock
Ad sites – Sites like craigslist post requests of images. It can be of a specific theme or item.
Whatever mode you choose, you can turn a hobby taking pictures into a side job or business. Want to learn more ways to sell photos on the internet? You can find more tips on Eightfold Marketing. You might find another hobby that you might be able to monetize.